I hope you are feeling the orange love for spring like I am. In fact, the Pantone Color Institute has named Tangerine Tango as the color for 2012. So prepare yourself to see this hue, in all its incarnations, everywhere. And it was the color du jour at the Nordstrom Spring Cosmetics Trend Show, I attended this past weekend. In my humble opinion it was the highlight of the Beauty Live Event at Galleria Dallas.
This event is major, and attendance is so large that it has outgrown the Nordstrom Dallas Galleria store and was moved out to the mall area. We had to wait in line behind velvet ropes that snaked the way to the main stage for the show. An array of refreshments and light pastries was set out for the early morning crowds to enjoy before the event began. White folding chairs faced the catwalk that beauty brand representatives and models walked to show and tell about the spring trends for beauty and fashion.
- Orange! tangerine, coral, bright, muted: the color of the moment is orange
- Glowing skin! use technologically advanced & innovative skin care and beauty treatments to achieve beautiful dewy, glowing skin
At the conclusion of the show, we walked back to the store to get our free samples and gifts from many cosmetic counters (my tote was overflowing with all my beauty loot) and sit for beauty consultations with your favorite beauty brands. Appointments to meet with these beauty experts were made weeks in advance. Most beauty brands offered special sets or amazing gifts with purchase.
The three beauty brands that I focused on were:
- Kate Somerville
- MAC Cosmetics
I will talk about more about them in future posts this week.
Here are some other recaps about this amazing Beauty Getaway from other Dallas beauty bloggers and video by an industry insider in attendance:
- Valerie Rowecamp of Charmed Valerie
- Farah Fleurima of The Dallas Diva
- Philip Pelusi of Tela Beauty Organics video
Have you embraced the Orange Glow! beauty trend for spring? And what beauty products are you most excited about using?
Other posts you may enjoy:
- Get healthy skin for spring with Clarisonic! Orange Glow! sums up the spring beauty trends I saw...
- Get a new spring look with MAC Cosmetics After the Nordstrom ‘Beauty Getaway’ Fashion Show, healthy clean skin...
- Sephora + Pantone Team up! Tangerine Tango Color Pow! I know, I know. It does seem that I’m obsessed...
- Orange Crush! Orange is such a happy color! It’s the color for...
January 2015 S M T W T F S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages