– YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain print ad
One product that can deliver the staying power of stain, the color richness of lipstick, and the shine of gloss? That’s a pretty bold statement! I was intrigued.
- Gloss: a favorite beauty items. Love it, but not a fan of the constant reapplication.
- Stain: a long wearing option that can leave my lips looking and feeling dry. Usually need to apply lip balm below and/or on top of stain.
- Lipstick: a beauty staple that I rarely wear without gloss over it.
When I decided to try YSL Glossy Stain, I was lucky enough to meet Lisa, a Beauty Stylist at Nordstrom Northpark. Nordstrom Beauty Stylists are trained on all the beauty counters, so I could try products from different brands, without feeling the pressure to buy all from one brand. I was able to stay with one beauty expert as we zigzagged all over the beauty department.
Her advice was to apply the Glossy Stain and let it set for 10 seconds, then apply another layer (or two or three) on top until I got the look I wanted. I was impressed with the feel (not sticky), the sheen, and the color. Jean Godfrey-June, Beauty Expert at Lucky Magazine, praised the YSL Glossy stain because it “leaves your lips dewy, vibrant, and gorgeous.” Who doesn’t want to look like that?
I settled on the color 03 BRUN CACHEMIRE. I appreciate the number system for the lip stain shades, because my French is well, almost nonexistent. The tube is square, chic, and so highly reflective you can use it as a mirror in a pinch. Even better, this square shape is easy to grip to apply the stain, a major concern for a Fashionista like me who has Autoimmune Arthritis.
Other posts you may enjoy:
- Get a new spring look with MAC Cosmetics After the Nordstrom ‘Beauty Getaway’ Fashion Show, healthy clean skin...
Top Posts & Pages